- We collected high quality data on MTurk when using TurkPrime’s IP address and Geocode-restricting tools.
- Using a novel format for our anchoring manipulation, we found that Turkers are highly attentive, even under taxing conditions.
- After querying the TurkPrime database, we found that farmer activity has significantly decreased over the last month.
- When used the right way, researchers can be confident they are collecting quality data on MTurk.
- We are continuously monitoring and maintaining data quality on MTurk.
- Starting this month, we will be conducting monthly surveys of data quality on Mechanical Turk.
amazon mechanical turk,
- Since early August, researchers have worried that “bots” are contaminating data collected on MTurk.
- We found workers who submit HITs from suspicious geolocations are using server farms to hide their true location.
- When using TurkPrime tools to block workers from server farms, we collected high quality data from MTurk workers.
- We also collected data from workers who use server farms to learn more about them.
- Our evidence suggests recent data quality problems are tied to foreign workers, not bots.
In this blog, we review recent data quality issues on Mechanical Turk and report the results of a study we conducted to investigate the problem.
high quality data